View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 09:51 PM   #31
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I just finished chatting with one of the Amazon CS representatives who informed me that the Kindle Fire does not have Collections functionality. To say I am pissed is an understatement. Why would they release an "upgraded" version and take away basic kindle functionality. Guess who is canceling their fire pre-order? I am not paying $200 for something that cannot do what my kindle2 can do!
This is disturbing. It implies that Amazon does not view the Fire as its flagship EBR, but rather, a cut-rate and fenced-in iPad. I don't mind having a smaller iPad, but I do mind having one that lacks the reading functionality of a K3.

What I really would like is a versatile reading machine with a larger but reasonably portable screen. With the right software, that could be the Fire. Lacking that, it's not what I want.

I'm beginning to have second thoughts about my own purchase.

Last edited by Harmon; 10-10-2011 at 10:56 AM.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote