View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 07:06 PM   #15
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmarie View Post

PS About pricing: long long ago, when I was a girl, I remember my older sister being presented, at Christmas, with a hand-held calculator. It was the first any of us had seen -- there is a photo of us all clustered around looking at it. It was probably the early 60's. My brother-in-law paid some 300-400 dollars for it! Hahahahahaha.
They did not exist in the early 60's. The first handheld calculator was developed by Texas Instruments in 1967 and that one output to paper. If it looked like the attachment then it was no earlier than 1972 and probably later.

Dale
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TI2500.GIF
Views:	403
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	11276  
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote