View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 09:52 PM   #4
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
If you are firm on the document creation ability then you want the NOOKcolor in 2-4 months or so. Currently only rooted NOOKColor's are creating documents on them but once Froyo is on the NOOKColor you will have full google docs and be able to author documents easily on the NOOKColor without any rooting.

The NOOKColor will be slightly heavier than an eINK display, it is basically a tablet with excellent ereader sw and a reader focus. It weighs slightly less than 1 LB, which is double what a paperback book weighs.

8 hours battery life is a trivial accomplishment in the ereader world if you go eInk. The NOOKColor doesn't live up to normal eInk battery life which tends to be measured in days (4 days, 8 days, 10 days, etc) but will run 10hrs without media playback and wifi use. The NOOKColor is a well designed LCD device. I will mention as both owner of both an eInk device and an LCD that the NOOKColor is easy to read but doesn't do as well in direct sunlight. OTOH in the lowlight conditions I experience in the Pacific Northwest winter, the NOOKColor is superior for 99% of my light conditions. As summer comes around I will want eInk for beach reading or anything is cloudless sunlight.

I hope this helps.
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote