View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #15
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by corona View Post
Okay -- when my Kobo's asleep, I see now that it totally wakes itself up every hour or so, and then after a couple of minutes, goes back to sleep again.

If you have the wifi version, this has been established as being the newspaper and magazine updater checking for new copies. Took me by suprise as well when I noticed it last week, particularly since I had turned my option off, but it had reset itself. Since I've turned it off again, all seems to be good and no more random turning on/off. There is supposed to be a patch soon, maybe as early as today, that will reduce the number of times it wakes itself to check for the updates.

cheers!
Steph S.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote