View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #9
MeganJoan
MeganJoan began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
I went into Borders today and said my Kobo was broken and is there someone I could speak to about it. The guy on the counter told me to call the helpline, and I said that I'd only had it a week, the hotline wasn't open and I knew they couldn't help me anyway so could I please speak to someone.

So, he got on his little radio and called down their "Kobo guy" who also happened to be the one who preordered my Kobo for me in the first place. I said that I'd had it a week and said that as far as I was aware I hadn't done anything to cause this to happen and showed him the screen. He didn't even question me about it! He said that they didn't have any black ones in stock BUT he did have a black one that had been opened and used on display for a couple of days and had just been sitting there as new ever since. Said I could have it on a loan or even just swap them over if I was happy to take that one. I was so relieved that he was willing to swap it and so worried that on closer inspection he'd change his mind that I took the slightly used one. It looks brand new, and I'm really, really happy.

Currently loading Girl with the Dragon Tattoo on there so I can keep reading it while I do my laundry! Now I am completely paranoid about it being super fragile though, so I'm going to invest in a cover.
MeganJoan is offline   Reply With Quote