View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 02:56 AM   #13
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Yeah, but for some of us, we've never "imaged an SD card" in our lives, and have no idea of how that works.
There are easy to follow instructions availabel

Quote:
I'm considering the AFN card for my first root experience. I'm also thinking of trying to make my own card, since that's clearly cheapest, but it's definitely way outside my comfort zone, to be sure!
If you are prepared to make your own card from what they are offering, make it with stuff from the original developers instead! Don't let them make money out of other people's work!

Quote:
It's like the whole lingo of rooting is a foreign language!
I know! But you don't have to learn a lot of it!

Having said all this, do you really NEED to do ANY of this now that you can use Google Play apps? I run my HD/HD+ as stock and am completely happy. I feel no need to use any other ROM for these devices. (I do root them, but "root" is not the same as running a different ROM. "Root" is gaining root access, taking control of what can be installed.)
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote