View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #10
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Yeah, but for some of us, we've never "imaged an SD card" in our lives, and have no idea of how that works. I worry a lot about stuff like this, because my PC is not fully reliable and frequently hangs up, freezes or blue screens. I'm not sure how well it would handle any lengthy writing to an SD card.
What's the worst that could happen? The SD card isn't written correctly and it doesn't boot. Neither you or your Nook is worse off. And if your PC is that bad off, you should be looking for a replacement. As much as I bitch about Microsoft, no system should be hanging, freezing or blue screens.

I used this to install. One 4GB boot disk. Three files copied to to boot disk. About 20 minutes top to backup and install.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote