View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by uebyn View Post
As We Grow Older, We Tend to Read Less.
Well, I would say that as we grow up, we have more and more things that *have* to be done before we can sit down with a good book.
As a lad I was able to read a book a day. I used to frequent 6 different libraries at the same time.
I expect that when I retire I will be able to get back to my reading habits from childhood. The situation *is* different than it was in my youth, though. Nowadays we have Internet and forums like this one (I could be reading a book instead of writing this post ;-)), we have a dozen Discovery (and National Geographic, Viasat explorer ...) channels available on our satelite receiver, instead of two black-and white watered-down TV channels of my youth ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by uebyn View Post
... and I'm now stuck with a non-fiction book (Guns, Germs and Steel) that I'm determined to finish
Great book. Do try to finish it - well worth the read, if you like that kind of stuff.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote