View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 06:09 AM   #31
Nathanael
Groupie
Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathanael ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sibrary G5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveEisenberg View Post
This is from a highly positive Surface review:
Within an hour or so I was hitting 80% of my regular typing speed on it, and it's firm enough to be used on a lap without too much loss of accuracy. In other words, Surface reduced his data entry speed 20 percent. And isn't the iPad even worse there?
He's talking about the physical keyboard that comes with the Surface. Since tactile feedback is key in touch typing, of course any virtual onscreen keyboard is going to be abysmal in comparison, iPad included. Which is why, as I said upthread, I carry a BT kb with me when I need to do heavy lifting. I don't know how the Surface keyboard compares (never having tried it), but I'm pretty near full speed on the BT kb.
Nathanael is offline   Reply With Quote