View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 05:38 PM   #66
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
The Kobo Glo screen looks a lot better than 95% of the Paperwhite photos I've seen. I noticed it does have a very slight blue hue, but not bad and definitely none of the dark shadowy blobs found on the Paperwhites.

EDIT: Does the Glo have a capacitive touch screen, or is it infrared?
It's hard to tell from the picture, but the kobo, like the nook, looks too glowy to me. By that I mean it looks too obviously like light under piece of glass, even though obviously that is what the kindle is too.

I think amazon has the best implementation so far. It's just the color blobs that ruin it. (hype doesn't help)

I think what amazon did was bury the light farther back in the bevel, so under "perfect" conditions, you can be tricked into not seeing the light under glass effect. The penalty is seeing those cone shadows at bottom. The color blobs, I don't know what causes that and whether it's inherent in the design or a manufacturing flaw that can be overcome in this year's model.

If I had the skills , I would try to rig up another row of 4 top LEDs, move them closer to the edge to reduce the cones, reduce the light output by about half b/c you have 8 now, and coat the LEDs with something to make the light warmer. That'd be interesting.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote