View Single Post
Old 02-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
mmelgar
mmelgar began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
I have a similar issue and charging is not an option. I am a physician and produce some booklets on various conditions that I would like to let patients download to their Ipads etc. I have a website and can host the files there. I have done similar things with PDF files in the past and a simple click on the link brings it up on the device but you can't do that with epub files and PDF files are no good for the types of booklets I'm making as the formatting doesn't really work well with them. The epub files look much better across multiple device types.

Is there some way to make the process of downloading an epub file directly to your ipad, iphone, or android device a one click process that dumps it right into the ereader? I know epubs can be emailed and then you can click on the attachment and have it go straight to ibooks, but emailing to each person is also balky. I want to put a little poster in the exam room with a link or maybe even a QR code that the person can use to get the file as easily as possible with no assistance required.
mmelgar is offline   Reply With Quote