View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 11:29 AM   #24
kpw
Connoisseur
kpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterkpw can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Galaxy Note 8, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThR View Post
I'm not sure. I started the plugin after I'd checked, that calibre was doing nothing (tasks in the queue were finished). On the device itself, I could not see somethings running.
When I reconnect the device after running your plugin, calibre adds all collections back again and everything is fine.

But I found another error: the reading history was deleted too, so the reader wanted me to start reading with page 1 instead of 253, where I ended my last reading session.
This sounds like something different from what I was conjecturing. Perhaps the write I'm doing to update the book timestamps is failing and things get out of whack then. The history information seems to be captured in a different file (the cacheExt.xml) than the one I'm updating, but if the media.xml file gets corrupted, everything may end up getting regenerated.

If you try launching Calibre in debug mode using the "calibre-debug -g" command from a command line (this is the command that I use in Windows anyway), then you might see some error messages in the command line console. That might help me to track this down.
kpw is offline   Reply With Quote