Thread: PRS-T2 Hacking the T2
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 01:13 AM   #199
alligatore
alligatore began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 v.1.0.04.11081
Reversing pre-installed package for PRS-T2

Dear Porkupan,

I got a PRS-T2 with one of your extension packages pre-installed over 1.0.04.11081 (presumably the US one since it only offers Canada and the US in the selection of regions). It lists Root: porkupin and Mods: rupor.

However, it seems to be somewhat incomplete and dated as well. It does not let me type in Cyrillic and there are no additional reader applications there. I thought of reversing it to the original Sony 1.0.04.11081 and re-jailbreaking with some other modern firmware. Can you steer me into the right direction how to reverse it and to reapply the package in this case? I looked at your packages down the link below, shall I use

restore-set-1.0.04.11081-us.zip first and then - install minimal-root-zeam.zip ?

If there is any other way to advance the book - would be much apreciated.

Sorry to bother, just trying not to brick the reader

Cheers
Oleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkupan View Post
this package should recover ability to boot from SD. It can be installed in the "usual" manner (no SD card required, unpack on a PC, run "flash_reader.bat").

The units with 1.0.05.12140 installed over non-jailbreaked firmware, or pre-installed at the factory, are not hackable at present time.
alligatore is offline   Reply With Quote