View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #22
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Thx for the extra info, I had edited my post while you were typing obviously

I claim no credit for the regex or that loop of code applying the matches - as per my very first post I took this code from bazbar's script that people were using. I figured they had in turn built it based on all of the earlier versions so just assumed it was "proven". Since you have questioned it I will take a look.

As for your question about searching from the end of the book. I assume this is a performance thing - and my answer remains the same as previously. I am at the mercey of the current implementation of the Calibre input converters. They do not stream the results to me, I cannot control their direction. I give them a path, and when they are "done" they give me a bunch of stuff representing the converted EPUB back.

I hadn't appreciated any real performance issues with piggy-backing off this until just now when I tried a PDF which had graphics in it that Stephan sent me above, and now I see why some of you would like something faster! I will ask in the dev forum if there is any possibility of an overload or something that would support that - all we really want for this functionality is something like the first 10 pages and (maybe) last 5 of a book. I'm not optimistic they will consider this plugin worth the effort if it is anything but trivial to support it but you don't know unless you ask...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote