View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #27
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
My theory is that we need to wait to see what the 'new wave' of PWs bring in late December. I don't think it is demand alone that has dried up supply, seems that they've had to temporarily shut down at least some production to address the issues. In the meantime the only devices out there are from the 'first wave' and with at least some exceptions there have been a lot of screen problems with these if the discussions here are representative. So I think it is premature to expect that there has been a true improvement in quality. At most they are weeding out the worst devices and biding time until the production issues are ironed out.

I'm pretty happy with my replacement PW, but frankly expected the screen to be better than it is. I'll probably consider (another) exchange next year, assuming there's evidence that the problems have been solved.
Wow I didn't know they shut down some of the production. I have had mine a few weeks, and no problems, other than the shadows down at the bottom. I think Kindle management is a bit arrogant not mentioning that. I have a love hate relationship with them (like Apple). I really do love their products, but the Paperwhite they built up so much that of course even with their good product it isn't what they advertised.

Still I am lucky to have a good unit. I will hold on to this unit for a few years. Money doesn't grow on my trees

Last edited by new; 12-03-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: typos as usual
new is offline   Reply With Quote