View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #3
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by raac View Post
Hi all,

Two days ago a bought a book on Kobo and discovered after opening it that it's the first edition of the book in question. Searching more, I discover that Kobo also sell the second edition for a couple of bucks more. Didn't notice that when I bought and assumed that they would be selling the latest edition only. Why wouldn't they? It's a technical book, so the edition matters. First interaction with customer service wasn't positive but I will pursue this doggedly.

On a more general note, plenty of e-books have typos and formatting errors not present in the paper version. In future I plan on buying only from sellers who will offer a refund if this turns out to be the case. I think this is only fair since, being an e-book, the buyer has no way to see what they've bought until after the money changes hands.

I know Amazon offers refunds (although I don't have a Kindle). I think Deisel might and I'm checking. I've heard that Sony and B&N will not offer refunds. I would love to hear others' experience in this domain so that I can choose which sellers to use and which to avoid in future. I plan on writing to sellers on my ban list to explain why I won't be using them.

Thanks!
Why should you get a refund? It was your mistake, not Kobo's.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote