View Single Post
Old 10-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #32
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by VicLavigne View Post
I really don't like ads in my reading material, but lets look at the big picture:

1. Magazines and newspapers are full of ads, and nobody is boycotting them
2. Television, radio, internet sites -- sponsored and paid by advertisers
3. Commercial-quality videos on YouTube and news sites now lead with advertisements
Vic

A lot of those ads do get boycotted though.

For Television, unless something is being aired for the first time, more and more people chose to download or stream a show/movie. No ads is a strong argument for many of them. Myself included. One of the best things about Netflix is that I do not waste an hour to watch a 40 minute episode.

For Internet, adblock, and similar aps/addons are very popular. People are doing everything they can to block those ads. Granted, they are becoming more and more annoying by flashing, popping up and taking over all your screen, etc. A lot of people also stop going to websites that force commercials before videos. It might not work for youtube, but I know a lot of people switched websites for news when certain news sites decided to force a commercial in front of every video.

And I am sure similar things will happen to magazines and newspapers in the near future as more of them go digital.
ekster is offline   Reply With Quote