View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 02:51 PM   #14
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
The more I think about it, the more I tend to remember that the code itself for ADE/ePub is not too big, what is large is the working storage required to decode and display ePub.

I would see the easiest way for them to implement a hardware/firmware solution would be to modify the existing firmware to check for a card and see if there is code on the card, if there is then execute it, otherwise revert to being the reader it is today. On a card you can have the additional code and a reserved working space. When we would look at it it would just seem like one large file that was not a book/music/photo. Just a thought.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote