View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 01:24 PM   #110
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It seems far from clear to me. The $1000 she could save by going for a mid-range Windows laptop could probably be much more usefully spent for a cash-strapped student.
While it is true that students are perpetually cash-strapped, a laptop is something that most of them will use daily and will often take with them to the library, classes, trips home, etc., so portability and battery life are often a priority. It is also something that isn't purchased very often (by students at least), so it stands to reason that they would want something that would last through their time at university, and thus they may want something with a bit beefier specs. I personally don't have a problem with spending more than the average laptop costs when purchasing one, seeing as I use it several hours a day.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote