View Single Post
Old 04-23-2010, 03:14 AM   #5
Mike_73
Guru
Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.Mike_73 is no ebook tyro.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, iPad 16GB Wifi, Kindle Voyage, Nexus 6, Razr HD
Ok, another thing I did sometimes. But actually, I rather have some margins then to tinker a couple of times on the pc with a file as the outcome is probably not as you wanted it to be. But after some tries, you may get what you want and can just keep the settings as a template.

If you have a real text pdf (meaning you can mark up the text), you can just highlight all text (select all), copy to the clipboard and insert in a wordprocessing program. There you can set the margins and font style and size. After that, you can either save as rtf, convert to epub or so, or just a pdf printer driver (freepdf or similar) to print out the file as a newly formatted pdf.

Like I said, I sometimes did that. I prefer fonts sans serif and most books have serif fonts. It works out, but it takes time to get to the proper settings.
Mike_73 is offline   Reply With Quote