Thread: Opus vs 300
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 05:31 PM   #14
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Are you sure you have ePub and not PDF? I did try Three Men in a Boat (as made by Zelda) on a 600 and it did not display it justified while it did on ADE 1.7.1 on Windows. The problem with the 300 is that it does not have an SD card slot and thus, I cannot go into the shop and try it out properly.
They are pdf's. The reflow is fine (no zoom though, as noted above). Just like with eReader, I think we need to have clear usage of terms here. Both ePub and PDF are ADE formats. ePub is not the same as ADE.

OTOH, I would not complain if Sony released firmware updates for improved ePub handling. That would make sense, given it's new focus on ePub. In fact, I predict we will see firmware updates across the board for all Sony Reader models this fall. (You heard it here first!!!)

Last edited by DrMoze; 08-31-2009 at 05:38 PM.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote