Thread: Opus vs 300
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrake View Post
Specifically, the Opus has more font sizes, is (strangely) considerably lighter.Thanks!
I don't have either, so could someone more knowledgeable check me on this? However, I believe that the weight difference is due to a metal case on the 300 versus plastic on the Opus.

Some people will claim that the metal case does a better job of protecting the fragile eink screen from breakage - especially from twisting forces.

In regard to the memory difference it really depends on your usage. Some people only keep their most recent books on their device -- the ones they are currently reading. In this case, the 300 would have plenty of memory. Furthermore, folders won't be that important.

However, I personally don't like to plan that far ahead, and I prefer to keep my library on my device. If you resemble this, I think you will fill up the memory in no time. Furthermore, I think you would find folders to be much more important. Both of these would be pluses for the Opus.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote