Thread: Opus vs 300
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #1
Baldrake
Connoisseur
Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Baldrake once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3, HTC Mozart
Opus vs 300

So we seem to have a thread for almost every pair of readers on this forum, but I couldn't find this one yet.

As far as I can tell, the differences between the Opus and the PRS 300 are very minor. The Opus wins on a few issues, most of which are not that important to me (I think.) Specifically, the Opus has more font sizes, is (strangely) considerably lighter, has more memory and expandability, and has some user interface advantages such as folders. The 300 has the advantage of being backed by Sony, whereas Bookeen has received a lot of negative press for support.

In Canada, the price different is minor (the Opus costs $50 more.)

I haven't been able to get my hands on either. If I could, I'm sure I could make a decision immediately. I'm leaning to the 300 just for the more reliable service.

Has anyone managed to get their hands on both to compare? Are there other issues I may have missed?

Thanks!
Baldrake is offline   Reply With Quote