View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 11:19 AM   #56
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
What I's really wantses...

A folders system which really *WORKS*! I've got the older Sony PRS500 as well as the Cybook and I wasn't impressed with the 'collections' thing all that much on the PRS500 because it didn't really put the ebooks in a folder it just put their titles in a collection list. How difficult to remember!

A real folder navigation system would mean I could put all my thrillers into a Thrillers folder and see the Thrillers folder in the main Library screen. When I click on it, it would then refresh the Library screen to show only those subfolders and titles in there. If I had a subfolder labeled Romance Thrillers, I wouldn't see any of the titles contained therein until I selected that folder and clicked to open. It's a simple concept and the basic concept has been used since the days of CP/M.

We *NEED* this because when we put in our SD cards stuffed with several hundred ebooks, the search process to find an ebook title halfway through the list can be quite frustrating.

Then, I'd like to see either a By Authors title listing which breaks it down by Authors | Authors A, B, C, etc. | Authors A - Adams, Alt, Anderson, etc... | Authors A/Alt, Madelyn/A Charmed Death, Hex Marks the Spot, The Trouble with Magic... Of course, each selection point would open up a new Library display as one drilled down...

Of course, adding support for Amazon Kindle .azw files would be a big plus.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote