View Single Post
Old 03-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #43
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Even if Topper by Thorne Smith doesn't win, I'd like to take this opportunity to recommend that everyone who loves madcap, irreverent, sexy humor should put this one on their "to be read" list. It's hilarious!

Since I've already read it, I doubt that I'll vote for it, as I prefer to vote for something I haven't read. But seriously; if you love laugh-out-loud humor, make it a point to read this one soon! Although published in 1926, the humor holds up incredibly well. That can't be said of many humorous books.
About 1973 five Thorne Smith titles were re-issued, including Topper. I read all five and enjoyed them all. In fact, I felt that Topper was the worst of the bunch!

I see that Night Life of the Gods is also available to be downloaded here. I'll plan to read that again soon.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote