Thread: Sigil 0.1.1
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #19
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
About 10-13% of calibre users are linux based, yet the number of complaints I get from linux users is a far higher percentage of the total.
I was amazed at how quickly I got people literally yelling at me in ALL CAPS in emails. Apparently providing a compiled binary for linux outside of a package like deb or rpm is grounds for a hanging.

Quote:
Then periodically someone will write to me that they don't like Qt, could I please make a GTK based interface.

You should probably just say "It's OSS, feel free to make a GTK port" and be done with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Linux users can think for themselves, Windows users will eat whatever you give them
So far I've only received kind words from Windows users. Can't say the same for Linux people, although they are the ones offering the most help, too.

It's a different culture I guess. The Windows people take what they can get, the Linux people will complain form dusk 'till dawn but are ready to contribute code to resolve it.

Quote:
I should perhaps state that I'm a linux user myself
I use both Windows and Linux, but I'm partial to my Windows machine. Linux has many things going for it: usability, unfortunately, is not one of them.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote