Thread: Troubleshooting brontok virus found on my Kindle
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafikius View Post
I traveled with my Kindle so I had to load my reader battery by connecting the it to USB port of PC's of unknow security level.

I must have caught the Brontok virus this way.

Do U know a way I may get rid of it?
A virus for Microsoft Windows cannot run on a completely different hardware architecture and a completely different Operating System - so what made you come to that conclusion?

As far as I know, there are no Kindle viruses (and I doubt that there ever will be - it's just a totally uninteresting system for malware writers).

You're probably just experiencing some of the random malfunctions that all Kindles seem to expose at times, but without any information of what problems you're having, I'd have to ask my crystal ball, which is currently broken.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote