View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #182
wynand32
Enthusiast
wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wynand32 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Here is a photo I showed earlier of my PW set to a screen brightness of 14/24. However, I adjusted the exposure and contrast levels to exaggerate the shadows. With the shadows exaggerated you can clearly see the tan/pink shadows and the areas of the screen where blotchiness occurs. This is clearly not a good screen nor is it anywhere near a uniform lighting.

Oh, and I thought there were 5 LEDs but this clearly indicates there are only 3 LEDs.
Ah, but, here's what's deceiving: there ARE four LEDs (you can see them shining if you hold the Kindle at an extreme angle looking down at the bottom of the screen), only the shadows are where the LEDs are placed, NOT the lit areas. I think it's an artifact of how the light is diffused through the matrix, but it can be seen pretty easily if you look at the screen from the right angle.
wynand32 is offline   Reply With Quote