View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Making a Book Long Enough

Can anyone give me some pointers for writing? For years, I've started a million stories and outlined even more, though I can't recall having finished a book since I was a teenager, and those have since been lost due to not being properly backed up on another hard drive.

But my problem is that with fiction, I never seem to have a story that is long enough. My outlines are pretty good and very, very detailed, yet when it comes down to writing the book, I always rush through it. Sometimes I have a very terse, Hemingway-style prose, which I'm fine with, but my outlines are usually better suited for a lengthy novel than a short story. I usually crap out around 20,000 words, if I get that far even.

Does anyone else suffer from having stories end up way too short?
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote