View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 04:08 AM   #284
broodingstorm
broodingstorm began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi! I think I've run into a problem and I'm hoping someone can help me out. I jailbroke my K2 then installed 'update_k2-2.5.8-prepare_kindle'. It started to update and I think it's now frozen. It's been over four hours and it's stopped processing at the mid-way point. It's in 'Vcreating image...' mode

This is a brand new (fresh out of the box) replacement K2 from Amazon so I'm hoping I haven't just bricked it. How do I get it out of this and working again? I obviously haven't done a backup because this was the software I needed to install to create the backup.

Honestly, I'd just be happy with getting 2.5.8 running again at factory reset. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for the help.

ETA: Yep, it's definitely frozen. Going into 8 hours now and absolutely nothing has changed. I don't understand, I followed the instructions perfectly. LOL - I didn't even get to a step that I thought I could possible screw up yet. I'm truly hoping this isn't bricked now. Help?... Anyone?...

UPDATE: I managed to force the K2 into recovery mode with an error code of 003. I was able to restart and then did a factory restore back to 2.5.8. Upon restart, it froze in the settings menu then shutdown. After several attempts at a restart, it finally did and now seems to be running fine. Phew! I'm just relieved to have a working Kindle again.

Last edited by broodingstorm; 07-07-2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: update on update
broodingstorm is offline   Reply With Quote