View Single Post
Old 08-20-2008, 10:27 AM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by axel77 View Post
No, of course you can include the costs of ebook research into the costs for ebook devices. And honestly I don't see how the cost would be fixed, if every person of the world would want an ebook device, you need of course more factories.

Who knows? You cannot say anything with "scientfic certainity" about the future. Or make such a claim without weaking adverbs like "likely", "possibly", "hopefully", etc. You can prolong trends from the past to the present, and hope or claim they don't suddendly move different, than they have so far, but that does not make a "will" sentence...
I am talking about the marginal cost of producing (ep)-books. The cost of manufacturing ebook devices (or trucks to deliver pbooks) does not enter into the calculation.

You should also note that there is no such thing as "scientific certainty" about anything. So trying to dismiss my statement as not being "scientifically certain" is specious.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote