View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 12:12 PM   #24
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
I gave up on The Stand as an audiobook, after going 1/3 into it. The way the reader portrayed all the characters as hill billies, with over-the-top voices to go, really put me of.
That's how they were written. WAY over the top characterizations. M-O-O-N, that spells over the top. My laws yes! Larry wanted to puke, but he hated to puke, and at times I felt the same way about The Stand.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote