View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
There is a similar deal right now with Audible. Join Audible ($14.95/mo--cheaper than the NYT), get $100 off a Kindle or other device (including ipod but not ipad, oddly enough?)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000013251

I think these deals are more along the lines of strategic partnerships than liquidating dud readers.

eP
Amazon's Audible offer has been going on for well over a year.
And it's not a strategic partnership because Amazon owns *both* Kindle and Audible.
Finally, it applies to a whole bunch of other *Audible-compatible* devices sold at Amazon; they're just looking to make Audible more accessible to would-be customers. (iOS devices are not inherently Audible-compatible; they need an App and since you can't buy content from inside an iOS app, the way you can from inside Kindles...)

So it's not at all comparable.

Now, it may be that the NYT subscriptions are underperforming and they're trying to leverage Nook popularity to sell the subscriptions, but I'm thinking the deal runs the other way.

Oh, and I wasn't implying the STR is a dud.
All we know for sure is that B&N has more on hand than they want.

Last edited by fjtorres; 01-09-2012 at 05:52 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote