View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 12:34 PM   #14
hbtaylor
Enthusiast
hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: iPad 3, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobstro View Post
I loved Moon+ and thought I'd finally converted to it permanently, but it has a hard time formatting a number of technical titles (O'Reilly Press), so I've gone back to Mantano. As noted above, Mantano is excellent for reading, but they do charge for the sync capability. They support dropbox storage, just not sync. Both are nearly perfect, but readability won out. I have to give Mantano an edge.
I, too, thought that Moon+ was going to be my everyday app, but I had problems with page turns (especially at chapter boundaries). It just wasn't smooth enough. I have jumped around among Moon+, Mantano, Aldiko, Google Play Books, and the Kindle app, but none of them did it all.

For me, the gold standard is Marvin on the iPad. It is just about perfect for me. I have an iPad 3, so the only "problem" with it is the device size. I don't want to buy or switch to an iPad mini right now, but the pull of Marvin is so strong for me that I've switched back to doing my reading on the big iPad.
hbtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote