View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #25
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The problem is that people forget promises "not to do anything stupid" and they file a bug report saying that the list is wrong. At that point one of the two of us needs to take 15 to 30 minutes to figure out what happened and reply, and even longer if the necessary info isn't in the report.
Isn't there already an issue now as things stand currently? Because the tag browser has Formats in it as standard, which are retrieved from the database, and so this info would be out of sync as well if a user has manually deleted files.

As a user it doesnt make much sense to me to have the tag browser using Formats data from the database, but the Formats column retrieving data from the file system.

I primarily used the format column when I was organising my library, so handy in that circumstance. Personally I can live without it, but am more concerned that other users will also unknowingly slow down their Calibre by having the column.
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote