View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #16
electronicfur
Connoisseur
electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.electronicfur can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Samsung Note FBReader, Nook Simple Touch FBReader, (Kindle3 died)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
The only code I can find in calibre that looks at the attributes of a format file is called when a template referring to a format is evaluated. Are you certain that you don't have a hidden composite column, and in particular a "formats" column? Or perhaps you have installed a plugin that walks through your books?

Copying a library folder will keep many of the preferences, and in particular all the custom columns, hidden or not. There are a large number of preferences stored outside the db.
I was just coming on to post that I figured out the differences between my two test libraries having been pouring through all the preference settings.

But you beat me to it, thank you.

There was a hidden formats column, as you guessed. The problem was that it was hidden, and also that it had "show in tags browser" ticked. So this caused the reading of all file attributes in the library. Even if the tag browser is hidden.

Thanks for all the help.
electronicfur is offline   Reply With Quote