View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #14
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Although I agree with Zoran when he said that unplugging without a proper disconnect can cause some big problems, it sounds like you had not done anything wrong when you plugged it in and got the message about formatting the drive--unless you had "pulled the plug" in that way at an earlier time.
Some file systems are more fragile than others. I'm always reluctant to
pull out usb medium before I check if I unmounted it properly. My bet
is that first pull out made some corruption to the file system. Since we
have no more details on the issue, I suppose original poster solved it
somehow.

After doing a harm of this kind, good fs tries to repair itself. One of the
best I ever saw is ffs2. I suppose win has file system checker to go over
and make it clean. I'm sure someone did that and reported on this fo-
rum.

Best regards.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote