View Single Post
Old 05-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #11
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
[QUOTE=Elfwreck;2505827]Covered in another thread:
  • More file format support; specifically, doc/rtf/html: easily-editable formats. It's a nuisance to edit epubs.
  • Buttons, not touchscreens. Or in addition to touchscreens. I don't like having to smear the reading surface.
  • Multiple types of bookmarks, even if they're just checkmark/dot/star--the equivalent of color-coded post-it flags.
  • Better annotation/highlight support. Exportable as csv file.
  • Ability to flag 2 (or more) books as "open right now" to switch back and forth between them easily.
  • Side-by-side view of those two books, even if that means landscaped and only a few lines at a time.
  • Better image zoom, including auto-captioning with the image filename and dimensions. (so when you hit zoom, it'd add "map01.jpg, 450x235" underneath it. You'd know whether it was worth trying to zoom.)
  • Easy access to the book's metadata while reading it. (Quality of metadata depends on the publisher.)
  • Tags/groups/folders editable from within the device itself
  • Ability to see lists of both "all ebooks on this device," sorted various ways (title, author, date added, date last accessed, word count, filesize, possibly user-created rating), and subgroups--folders or tags.
I don't want a 9" screen. I prefer a 5" screen; although I can easily see the use for a larger screen, I'd much prefer better image/zoom support. I like a pocket reader; bigger than a 6" screen is a real nuisance for me.

Most of these.

I really want better ways of searching and sorting by various metadata fields

Being able to use the touch screen to take freehand notes with a stylus, saved as a picture not converted to text, for doodles, diagrams and to do lists.

Much better large library management

More memory and a sd slot. I hate and don't trust the cloud. I want all my books with me not off in someone elses control and potentially out of my reach.

For the PC and Mac apps I want Speech Recognition to be able to select, open, and page through the book. I was hospitalized once with IVs in both arms. I couldn't bend my arms without alarms going off so no reading. Very frustrating. A voice controlled app would have been so nice. Even more so for those with permanent motor control problems.

Last edited by crossi; 05-07-2013 at 04:00 PM.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote