View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 02:41 AM   #11
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
I haven't read any Melville, poetry or prose, so I can't say whether or not I'd like to read his poetry.

However, we have a couple of questions here:

Thread title: Do we need Herman Melville’s poems in our library? Yes, we need everything we can get.
Poll title: Should the epub of Herman Melville’s writings include his poetry? Maybe not, it could be better to have one file for prose and another for poetry (we have something similar for Lovecraft).

As for the usefulness of "I don't care", can normal users see the poll results without voting?
But wouldn’t it be better to let us forget crap instead of preserving it for eternity (or till the next server crash)? Why would more always be better?

And I haven’t heard anyone yet who wanted to speak out for the quality of Melville’s poems. It seems to me that nobody here ever read any of them, nor intends to start now. So what would the inclusion of the poems be good for?

Regarding the separation of prose and poetry in two epubs: I’m not a fan. I prefer one author’s writings in one neat package.

Speaking of packages: we currently need five more votes to make the result obligatory, but I still accept gifts.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote