Thread: Cover Design
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2010, 07:57 PM   #50
Dusty Bottoms
Banned
Dusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipseDusty Bottoms can illuminate an eclipse

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx6166 View Post
Shadow Hunter is set in the same series as Psychic, which I should probably rewrite for JuNo. But, I'm pretty sure Shadow Hunter would be a good lead in for Psychic. So, more of a prequel than a sequel.

A lot of them are shorts that I'm expanding out to around 65k. That seems to be my sweet spot. New York be damned. If that length worked back in the day, it'll work today.

The sequel to Beyond the Black is "Bad Company." It may end up replacing Beyond in general if all goes according to plan. Now, the question is what to do with Beyond. I can't find any beta readers.
Interesting you should note word count, as I'm far more interested in reading novels in the sub 50k range now, and a lot of pulp came in significantly under that mark. Two of my favourite crime novels of all time are only 35k (Double Indemnity and The Postman Always Rings Twice). I believe more and more that you don't need New York word counts to make a story worthwhile.
Dusty Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote