View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 12:49 AM   #55
pricecw
Zealot
pricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheesepricecw can extract oil from cheese

Device: enTourage eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm not sure what the perceived risks of PayPal are. Perhaps it's different in the US, but in the UK PayPal are a bank, regulated by the Financial Services Authority just like every other bank, and your money is perfectly safe.
Not here in the US, they are just a corporation and there are a number of web sites that tell the tale of the customer woe. Personally, I was happy with them, and trusted they would be there as they said when I needed them. They however did not stand up to their agreement with me. So I cancelled the account then and there, and the ebay one. Went from spending significant $$ with them to not using them. I figure a company will always show it's colors when they have a problem to resolve, that when you decide if it is worth remaining a customer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ondabeach View Post
Hi pricecw, sorry mate but our website is too dynamic by design not to use javascript. Also sorry to hear you had a bad e-bay experience but PayPal are still the best of the 'bad bunch'.
Sorry to hear this. It isn't hard to have a webpage that isn't 100% scripts. Also, as above, PayPal will keep me out of your store. I am probably not a huge loss to you, and your store isn't a huge loss to me. I was trying to point out limitations that would stop your site from becoming the ultimate eBook site.

--Carl
pricecw is offline   Reply With Quote