View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 07:23 PM   #72
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremen Cole View Post
If you call it egoism and cowardice to want to live, and want your family to live... then you pegged me right. If me/wife/child were dying of an illness, and I could do something about it I would.... I assume you on the other hand would just pick out a casket and throw your family member in it..... In MY opinion that is not rational and emotionally healthy.
You don't actively kill somebody to save your life (excluding war and defense crime scenarios).

If you have a distribution system which fairly decides which patient gets a transplant I'm strongly against the option to bribe somebody to get an organ sooner (and harming in that way another human being).

If you want to save your family lives with actively or inactively harming other people your 'moral compass' is seriously screwed up.