View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #10
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Algernon and Winstanley dragged themselves out of the wreckage of the factory, and dusted themselves off whilst wading through huge amounts of freshly popped popcorn. They made their way over to the remains of the deliveries bay where a small number of sacks of peanuts were still visible. Winstanley looked at a sack and then pulled at the paper label that said "Peanuts. For Roasting" in very crude, almost cartoonish handwriting. It came off. Underneath it revealed the original label which read "Llama llama corn (for popping)".

"Damn the Ministry. Only they could be so, so...." Algernon struggled for words, "silly," he finally spat out with the levels of venom that would normally be fatal not just to anyone within earshot, but also the the speaker as well.

"Winstanley, is your cousin still in political charge of MI-11?"

"Torquilmina? Yes, but you know she's---"

"Look, she is a valuable asset to the syndicate. We need her assistance. You're not doubting the importance of the syndicate's mission are you?"

"No, of course not. Nothing is more important---"

"Excellent. Then get her to put the Ministry on MI-11's terrorist list. And get them to give us everything they have on the Ministry. After this," Algernon indicated the ruins of the factory, "I'm not sure I trust our agent in the Ministry."

"I'm off to check that the bunker is still intact. I dont wan't anything to affect our plans, and especially not for the Christmas Crackers." And with that Algernon opened a hidden trap door that revealed an apparently undamaged staircase leading down into the bowels of the earth, which he promptly decended.

Winstanley swallowed nervously and looked at his mobile phone. Very timidly, he started to dial Torquilmina's number.
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote