View Single Post
Old 06-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #12
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Exactly, ScalyFreak. It's the lowering of the bar to the point where even the most common of men have access to the inter sanctum. Some might decry this and say we need gatekeepers to keep out the "lesser" authors. I say bull on that. Let them all in, even the bad ones. The market is more than capable of sorting them out from there and bringing success to the truly good authors, and subsequently reject and kick out the bad ones. The only reason that gatekeepers were ever created was to keep out the "common" man by making access impossible without approval from an elite few. It was used as a way to control, use, abuse and ultimately fleece both consumer and those who succeeded in getting in. With the door now open to everyone, the market will once more return to what it was, with the consumers choosing who succeeds rather than a few men on gilded pedestals. I mean, that's how the market operated for thousands of years, so the last few hundred are an anomaly which is quickly correcting itself, much to my relief.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote