View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 06:22 PM   #9
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Why do you not try to solve the real problem? It is good if people confirm file system corruption so we can understand how it happens.

I would have renamed the file to avoid the same file system position being used for the new file. I would also test to save a big file in the system directory just to move the position were new files are stored.
For which? For the font family/size issue? I confirmed that removing the file that stores the currently assigned family/size data from the \eBooks folder on the Cybook is a BAD thing because as soon as I restored it, the Cybook's ability to remember this information re-appeared. As for the whole 'remembering-last-page-read', I've already notified Bookeen of the problem.

I am, when it comes to Linux and Linux apps, BARELY a beginner programmer. You want to talk Windows and Delphi, Visual C++ and the like, that's a different story.

Now I'm obviously going to have to delve deeper into the whole Python and Perl end of this, but that will take time for me to get far enough up the learning curve.

But until I get there, I'd *LIKE* to be able to read my ebooks without the hassles from various bugs. So, as with most Bookeen customers, I submit reports and wait.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote