View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 03:29 AM   #16
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
What then would be the operator's margin on selling those phones? £50 for the 16 GB and £75 for the 32 GB?
I suspect that the operator makes most of their margin from the monthly contract tie-in rather than from selling the hardware. The reason that I bought my iPhone SIM-free is that over a 3-year contract term (the time I thought I'd have my iPhone for), buying the phone and then getting a "SIM-only" contract was considerably cheaper than the overall cost of getting an operator-subsidized phone and then paying the monthly contract fees.

Last edited by HarryT; 09-10-2012 at 03:32 AM.