View Single Post
Old 02-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #13
Guns4Hire
Reading...Since 1970
Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.Guns4Hire knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nova Air C, Nova Pro, LifebookMars, BoyueT62+ Glowlight, NST, PB360
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookLuke View Post
If you can open a file in OOo Writer, you can save it in .epub.

But the purpose of my extension is not a mass conversion (look at Calibre for this), but a quality conversion. My goal is to obtain a clean and perfect epub with just a click. No setups, no parameter regolations, just what you see on the screen is what you get in epub.

Moreover, the generated code wants to be easily readable when opened with a epub editor, as Sigil, and to be a good base for advance editing.

Luke
Yes thats along the lines I was thinking. I do use Calibre and Sigil as well. Calibre is great but when I convert txt books I get tons of the question marks. Even though the txt eBooks are clean and in good shape. Ive used Sigl to go through and correct these. Buts its massively time consuming.

Just being able to import txt into OOo and creating an epub and then importing it into Sigil for more advanced editing would be a great thing.