View Single Post
Old 04-23-2014, 01:44 AM   #4
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinz View Post
There's no reason to skip the 1.15 update. The status bar with battery status comes up with one tap. Much better than permanently wasting a part of the screen.
There is no gain in removing the battery status - there still is a line "wasted" to display the page number.
So they could just display the battery status.
Net effect of the change: less information, perhaps some battery saved.

The "just a tap" is a needless annoyance that not only forces me to constantly waste time to check the battery (since the device is rather slow, it takes a few seconds and a screen refresh for that), but also depends on me actually remembering to check the battery status.
So instead of making live easier they chose to make it more complicated. Great.

In case you notice, I'm in a bad mood right now. I'm trying not to let it influence my writing, but I doubt I succeed.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote