View Single Post
Old 09-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #11
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Yes, thank you, that was the discussion I was trying to reference but could not re-located. While it isn't applicable here, it does seem to have helped us find the culprit.

Maverynthia,
Huh that is kind of odd because I was just using the Search the Internet plugin to look up a few covers yesterday. That plugin searched Google for images without issue so the two plugins must submit different requests to Google. I have not previously used Google Image Search.

Theducks,
The default calibre values listed under Metadata Download are:
Max time to wait after first match is found: 30
Max time to wait after first cover is found: 60
Which exceed your 5 sec suggestion. So unless the timing under Behaviour has been altered (decreased) they should suffice.

Kovid,
I just (re-)noticed that once you set a cover there is no way to delete it, returning to a null state. Can a "Delete Cover" function be added to the context menu of the cover image portion of the Edit Metadata dialog? Or is there some other method to return to a cover=null state?

I know on a few occasions I've discovered I've made an error with the cover image (different ISBN's cover usually) and I would prefer to have no image rather than a wrong image. Searching for cover:false is possible, cover:inappropriate is not.

Last edited by Sabardeyn; 09-25-2013 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Clarify comment.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote