Thread: Kobo Patcher
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 02:15 PM   #27
ectoplasm
Addict
ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ectoplasm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD and H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
... to work out. The great thing about Metazoa's patch though, is that it is configurable--we're not reliant on Metazoa releasing a new patch exe for each firmware.
We may not be reliant on Metazoa assuming someone else is capable of figuring out the byte offsets. I'm grateful to Metazoa but I'm a bit unhappy with Kobo for making it so difficult to customize the devices we spent money for. In this case, it sounds like a CSS text file that could have been stored in a user accessible location. Are they deliberately trying to obfuscate it?

Personally I'll avoid any firmware updates until I have time to see that Metazoa's patch works.
ectoplasm is offline   Reply With Quote